If Your Siding Has Any Of These Issues, You Will Need A Full Siding Replacement:
1. Damaged boards or panels — Chances are high that any physical damage to the siding warrants a full replacement. In many cases, if widespread damage has occurred, or the siding has been left unrepaired for a long time, a simple board or panel repair is likely not an option. There may also be damage from insects such as termites, ants even woodpecker birds, that have destroyed the wood siding on your home.
2. Cracking, fading, or peeling from weather — Cracks, fading, and peeling are signs of aging, often
occurring due to hail, harsh sunlight and/or from frost and thaw cycles. Also, if your painted siding doesn’t seem to hold onto the paint well anymore, it’s a sign it’s time to replace it.
3. WATER OR MOISTURE DAMAGE – ROTTING, MOLD, FUNGUS GROWTH, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT POINTS TO WATER DAMAGE IS A SUREFIRE SIGN YOU NEED ALL NEW SIDING. WARPING OR SWELLING MAY ALSO OCCUR IN SOME MATERIALS. MOISTURE DAMAGE WILL SHOW ITSELF IN THE FORM OF RUST ON STEEL SIDING.
4. Interior wall damage — Even if your siding looks great outside, if you see moisture damage or mold growth inside your walls, it could very well point to siding issues. This is often the sign of a very serious problem and warrants immediate action.
5. High energy bills — Unseen gaps or holes in siding, as well as weakened or old insulation, will show themselves in the form of high electric bills every month. Save yourself some money and create a more controlled climate in your home. Get worn siding replaced and have additional insulation added if needed. Siding with insulation included can add a R-4 value.